A Perfect Pair

Tyler Hill
Business Planning Analyst, ACV Auctions
Janie McGlohon
PhD Student, University at Buffalo

Tyler and Janie met at Texas A&M – college sweethearts, proven to be a perfect match. But after graduating, they went on a new search, this time looking for a city they could call home.

They were open to moving just about anywhere, so long as Tyler could find a job he loved, Janie could find a doctorate program she loved, and they could both find an affordable apartment without sacrificing the amenities they both loved.

In Buffalo, together this time, they again found their perfect match.

As a hockey player growing up in Pennsylvania, Tyler had been to Buffalo for tournaments and games, but never ventured far from the ice rink. Janie, who grew up in El Paso, Texas, couldn’t have pictured a place more different from her upbringing.

But despite the unfamiliarity, they were both pleasantly surprised in what they found.

“The Spirit of Aggieland starts, 'There’s a Spirit can ne’er be told. It’s the Spirit of Aggieland.' Janie and I felt right at home when we got to Buffalo because, like at Texas A&M, we think there’s an energy in Buffalo that you need to be here to understand. The City of Good Neighbors is no lie. There’s a certain comradery among Buffalonians that makes Buffalo feel like home no matter how long you’ve been here.” Tyler said.

Today, the couple is loving their downtown apartment, walking to restaurants, and constantly exploring. Tyler is hard at work at his job with ACV Auctions as a Business Planning Analyst after a short term first contract with Aleron. Janie spends most of her days in the lab learning under the mentorship of the great scientists at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.

“Buffalo is a hidden gem – our expectations were blown away,” the couple said.

Janie, what are you most looking forward to in Buffalo?

We’re big music fans and we’ve heard so much about the music scene here and cool concert venues. We can’t wait to go to some local shows when they can safely return. Also, it goes without saying that we’re fired up to go support the Sabres and Bills!

Tyler, why a job at ACV Auctions?

I had the opportunity to be introduced to a great mentor at ACV and immediately we recognized that we had a great working chemistry. The more I learned about the company, the more excited I became to be part of a startup company on rise with a mission to disrupt an archaic industry.

Contact Us

257 West Genesee St., Ste 600

Buffalo, New York 14202

Call: 1.800.916.9073

info@buffaloniagara.org

Helpful Links

Send Us a Message